Address: 213 S Marquette St, Ste 2, Ironwood, MI 49938
Official SSA Website
Services Provided at Ironwood, MI Social Security Office
The Social Security Office in Ironwood, MI can help with the following:
- Apply for Social Security Retirement Benefits in Michigan
- Apply for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) in Michigan
- Apply for Social Security Disability (SSDI) in Michigan
- Apply for Medicare in Michigan
- Check Application Status
- Appeal a Decision
- Obtain Forms
- Obtain a New or Replacement Social Security Card in Michigan
- Obtain a New or Replacement Medicare Card in Michigan
- Change Name on Social Security Card
- Change Name on Medicare Card
Ironwood, MI Social Security Office Best Practices
Please note that most of the services that are provided at the Ironwood Social Security Office can be completed online. By going online you can save time and avoid lengthy trips to the SSA Office in Ironwood, Michigan. You can submit your application for benefits online and also check on the status of your online application. Another way to apply for benefits without going to your local office is by calling 1-800-772-1213 from 7 AM to 7 PM Monday through Friday. Please only go to the Ironwood Office if you absolutely must. Social Security Offices are often understaffed and really appreciate it if you only come in if you absolutely must.
Ironwood, Michigan Social Security Office Helpful Tips and Advice
- Schedule an Appointment at the Ironwood SSA Office – Call 1-906-932-4034 during business hours and schedule your appointment. The Ironwood Office representative will be able to set you up with an appointment. You will save a lot of time by scheduling an appointment instead of simply walking in unannounced.
- Don’t be late! – The Ironwood, Michigan Social Security Office has limited resources so please be punctual when you set an appointment. We urge all our visitors to attempt to take care of their needs online and over the phone if at all possible.
- Bring All Relevant Documentation – You can find what documents are needed for each scenario online. If you are still unsure, please call your Ironwood office and confirm what documentation is required. You will save yourself a lot of time by being prepared. The following documents are typically required: social security card, birth certificate, residency documentation, income documentation, proof of citizenship or eligible noncitizen status.
Map of Ironwood, MI Social Security Office Location
Directions to Ironwood, MI Social Security Office
Downtown Ironwood , Second Floor of Ironwood Memorial Building. Elevator Next to Parking Lot Lower Level. Closed to the Public 12Pm to 1Pm Daily.
Ironwood, MI Social Security Office Hours:
9:00 AM 3:00 PM
9:00 AM 12:00 PM
9:00 AM 3:00 PM
Ironwood, MI Social Security Office 2017 Holiday Closures